Age of Wonders: Planetfall – Revelations Expansion Announced at PDXCON
Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations is the first expansion coming to the 4X strategy game released earlier this year. Announced at PDXCON today, Revelations is due for release on November 19th for a recommended price of $14.99 / £11.39 / €14.99, but it comes with the Planetfall Season Pass as well.
Lennart Sas, co-founder of Triumph Studios and Game Director of Age of Wonders: Planetfall, said:
This first expansion allows players to explore deeper into the Planetfall universe, uncovering how the collapse of the Star Union empire has awakened beings from its mysterious past. With the introduction of Heritor Secret Technology, NPCs, and Essence, Revelations is a new chapter for Planetfall that will affect the rise and fall of empires to come.
Check out the reveal trailer and additional information below.
Revelations sets in motion the return of the entombed Es’Teq dynasty, whose Heritor
descendents aim to use ancient technology and reincarnate billions of followers across the
galaxy, establishing divine rule. The Heritor wield strong Entropy weapons that are effective
against machines and can awaken ancient Es'Teq minds. Claim ancient secrets or succumb to
their power in a new campaign with tactical combat and in-depth empire building.
New Key Features:
● Anomalous Sites Mechanic - Explore 30+ mysterious sites filled with traps and
powerful enemies to reap unique rewards and uncover great secrets. Encounter unique
choices based on each faction or Secret Technology.
● Additional Campaign Missions - Experience the awakening of the Es’teq dynasty and
the rise of their Heritor descendants with 10+ hours of new content across two
● New Secret Tech: Heritor - Use ancient Heritor technology to drain the essence of
enemies, fueling the opportunity to use powerful abilities, create strong Entropy
weapons, and summon new units.
● Tomb World Scenario - Challenge yourself to complete this deadly new Scenario,
where Heritor enemies create an onslaught of destruction. This scenario also includes a
new multiplayer questline to allow more players to join in on the action.
● ‘The Forgotten’ NPC Faction - Broken, insane, or otherwise unfit for Heritor’s utopian
society, The Forgotten were never meant to be resurrected.
● Threats to Your Empire - Reapers are robotic assassins created long ago to destroy
those who were friendly to the Heritor cause, but now hunt all who walk the planet.
Equally deadly are the Megasow and Piglets, bio-engineered wildlife gone rabid after the
fall of the Star Union, which will devour anything in sight.
● Locations, Pick-Ups, & Mechanics - Visit an Essence Gash or Es’Teq Well locations to
supply new combat effects or abilities to your units. The Holopad pickup provides
diplomatic rewards and additional influence over allies and enemies. Take over Imperial
Defenses like the new Soul Beacon, Cluster Mine Launcher, or Firestorm Missile Silo to
aid in combat.
● Free Content - All players will gain the ability to take over the new Imperial Defenses,
unlocking Operations that boost the combat effect of your colonies. In addition, the
Orbital Relays mechanic boosts your empire’s infrastructure to allow for nearly instant
unit transportation between sectors - but beware of sabotage interference by enemies!