Upgrade Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Finally, waiting is over for that latest Android update – it’s still Jelly Bean but upgraded to 4.3. The latest Android 4.3 hasn’t yet been made public by Google but the test firmware is out! Thanks to XDA developers who tested the test firmware build for Google Play Edition Galaxy S4 (GT-i9505G) on the standard Snapdragon Galaxy S4 i9505 and it worked seamlessly.
You too can try out the latest Android 4.3 on your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 without any troubles. Remember, Android 4.3 is still in development phase so it hasn’t got all the features which are supposed to be implemented.
Prerequisites before you upgrade Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 to Android 4.3:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 i9505 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that custom recovery tool (CWM or TWRP) is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 to Android 4.3:
- Connect your Galaxy S4 i9505 with computer and copy the downloaded firmware update files on S4’s internal SD card.
- Disconnect and turn your smartphone off.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and the Power button simultaneously.
- Next perform data wipe tasks: select wipe data/factory reset, and then confirm on the next screen. Clear wipe cache partition and then wipe the dalvik cache by selecting Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option.
- Now select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard and locate the firmware update file copied earlier. Confirm the installation on next screen.
- When installation of Android 4.3 is completed successfully, return to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot your Galaxy S4 i9505 into the latest Android 4.3.
Don’t forget to let us know about your experience with Android 4.3 on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505.