First nightly build of CyanogenMod 10.2 is now up for grabs for the Verizon LG G2 devices. The custom firmware will bring a Vanilla Android experience on your G2 enabling you with loads of customization options. If you have a rooted LG G2 device, follow this comprehensive tutorial to get the steps which will help you in the process of flashing the official CM 10.2 nightly build.
Prerequisites to check before you install official CM 10.2 Nightly for LG G2:
- Backup any important data from your LG G2 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device.
- Your device must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your LG G2 must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Guide to install official CM 10.2 Nightly for LG G2:
Required files: download the CM 10.2 official nightlies from here and save the file on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect G2 to your PC using a data cable and copy the zip file to your device's SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and turn off your smartphone.
- Boot LG G2 into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS; important step to revert back to current state. Go to Backup > backup and restore.
- Perform wipe data operations: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Now, from recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM 10.2 Nightly official firmware zip and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done with both the installations, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Verizon LG G2 into the new ROM. First boot takes a good few minutes so kindly be patient.
Awesome! You have successfully flashed the official CM 10.2 nightlies on your LG G2 smartphone.