Battlefield 4 will Support Both 64 bit and 32 Bit, and DX 11.1 with Fallback

Games 3 years ago by

Contrary to reports on the internet claiming Battlefield 4 will be 64 bit only, EA-DICE revealed in GPU 14 conference that though Battlefield 4 will support 64 bit binaries and DX 11.1 both will have fallback options; debunking that aforementioned reports.

battlefield 4

Battlefield 4 will have DX 11.1 and 64 Bit Binary with Fallback

Recent reports had suggested that Battlefield 4 would be 64 Bit Only. Well, we learn from EA-DICE themselves that this is certainly not the case, to quote the EA-DICE team “64 Bit with Fallback” meaning that even though 90% of gaming systems employ the 64 bit system, they will have a fallback for the rest 10%, in simple words: 32 Bit Version of Battlefield 4. Secondly they confirmed that Battlefield 4 will employ DX 11.1, once again with fallback.

AMD Hawaii Battlefield 4

DX 11.1 is basically DX 11 with Shader Tracing and it also has the capability to switch between previous versions of Direct X online. Meaning a DX 11.1 can switch to DX 11 ingame. Also the fact that you have a 64 Bit Ready Version  is big news. 32 Bit Binaries are limited to 4 GB of Ram. While as the 64 Bit versions have virtually endless GBs. This is also why there were previous reports that Battlefield 4 was 64 Bit only, although we are not sure how you will run Battlefield 4 at decent settings with less than 4 GB of ram. Also the fact that Nvidia 600 series and below dont fully support DX 11.1 is one of the major reasons it would be a very risky move by any game publisher, and we don’t see EA-DICE taking that step with a Major Franchise. Probably with Mirrors Edge 2, if any time soon.

Advertisements
NVIDIA To Bundle GeForce Maxwell Graphics Cards With The Division, AMD Bundles Radeon 390 Series Cards With Hitman

They also introduced the new Frostbite Mantle.  Battlefield 4 is set to roll out on October 29.

 

We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.

Having written for National dailies such as Dawn and the News, I now turn to WCCFTech to fulfill my inner geek and love for all things technology.

Categories

Topics

Companies

Sections

More

Creative Commons License © 2016 This work by WCCF PTE LTD. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available on the Terms and Conditions page.