Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Next Update To Introduce Mini-Map Overlay, Gameplay Tweaks And Other Improvements
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has finally been released in all regions, but the team is hardly done with the game, as several improvements will hit it next week.
In a new Production Notes blog post translated by Perfectly Nintendo, General Director Tetsuya Takahashi detailed the improvements that will be introduced by the 1.1.1 update launching on December 20th. Among them will be bug fixes and some gameplay tweaks.
- if you watch the “Something in Common” (Chapter One: Encounters) cutscene in the Event Theatre, then return to the game, a glitch will make the camera sway and it will stay like that until you restart the game. If you happen to save, then you will be stuck in swaying camera hell. Therefore, if you happen to watch the cutscene, make sure not to save, and restart the game instead (even if that means losing progress);
- if you get the quest item Healing Herb (English name TBC) for one of the quests in the Gormott Province at 12:00, then it will not be added to the Quest Log (basically preventing you from completing the quest);
- if you get the quest item Pure White Helmet (English name TBC) for one of the quests in the Gormott Province at 7:00, then it will not be added to the Quest Log (basically preventing you from completing the quest);
- Easy Mode will be added to the Tiger! Tiger! mini-game
- pressing the X button will immediately bring you to the map of the area you’re currently in, on the Skip Travel screen;
- improvements will be made to the mini-map overlay (by pressing the L stick), improving the visibility of your surroundings.
Additionally, the 1.1.1 update will introduce a set of bonus items for those who purchased the Expansion Pass.
- Driver’s Essentials Set: Rare Core Crystal (x10), Legendary Core Crystal (x1), Overdrive (x3)
- Materials for Poppy: Ether Crystals (x30 000)
- Pyra’s Favourite Pouch Item: Jenerossi Tea (x5)
- Nia’s Favourite Pouch Item: Ardainian Bear Carving (x5)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is now out on Nintendo Switch. The 1.1.1 update releases on December 20th.