World War Z Shows Off Its Character Classes in a New Splatter-Filled Trailer
Don’t sleep on Saber Interactive’s upcoming World War Z game. Overkill’s The Walking Dead may have been a bit of a disappointment, but, based on my hands-on time, World War Z is significantly more promising – it’s fast, fun, and its massive zombie hordes are genuinely impressive.
It’s been a while since we heard anything new about World War Z, but IGN has now released a look at the game’s six character classes – the Exterminator, Fixer, Gunslinger, Hellraiser, Slasher, and Medic. Watch all six take it to the undead, below.
Here’s a few more details about each class:
- Exterminator: Uses Molotov cocktails and gets increased fire damage.
- Fixer: Carries an explosive ammo case and perks that restore teammate ammo.
- Gunslinger: Basically the tank class. Focus on high weapon damage and ammo-boosting perks.
- Hellraiser: Armed with C4 and other explosives that can send zombie hordes flying.
- Medic: You can guess this one. Has a Stim Pistol to heal teammates from long range.
- Slasher: Armed with a taser, this class’s perks focus on increasing close-quarter damage.
Haven’t been keeping up with World War Z? Here’s the game’s full list of features:
- Survive the zombie swarm in four-player cooperate action with an arsenal of guns and gear.
- Based on the proprietary Swarm Engine by Saber Interactive, seamlessly allowing hundreds of zombies to be rendered on the screen.
- Zombie Swarms behave like a real crowd, getting stuck in narrow corridors or climbing on top of each other to reach players on a higher level.
- Procedural enemy and item spawns (which are also based on a player’s performance) provide a highly replayable coop experience.
- Level up your characters and customize your weapons to survive on higher difficulties.
- Featuring unique co-op storyline campaigns around the world in New York City, Moscow, and Jerusalem, each with their own unique environment, stories, and challenges.
- Set traps, barricades, turrets, & sentries as you gear up and strategize to survive the zombie horde.
- Advanced gore and dismemberment system provides a visceral and satisfying shooter experience.
If you’ve got a few extra minutes, you can learn about World War Z’s zombie types, ties to the movies, and more in Wccftech’s full interview.
World War Z shambles onto PC, Xbox One, and PS4 sometime in 2019.