The Witcher 3 Super Turbo Lighting Mod 3.0 Now Available For Download, Full Changelog Released
Last week, it's been confirmed that The Witcher 3 Super Turbo Lighting Mod 3.0, developed by Essenthy, was going to be released soon. The developer was indeed saying the truth, as the mod is available for download right now.
On The Witcher 3 Super Turbo Lighting Mod Nexus page, Essenthy also shared the full changelog, which confirms the total revamping for every zone and a few additional features.
Mimic the original art direction pre-downgrade ( mostly the 2014 build ), this is the only purpose of this mod, it does not add anything or remove anything, this is not supposed to be " better " than vanilla, this is made specifically made for those who preferred the original look of the game pre-downgrade, and because of the nature of modding of this game and the tools, if you don't accept the fact that a mod of this size will always have issues her and there, then use vanilla, it's perfectly fine
- revamped every zone starting with the original setting
- now zones have a more distinct feel between each other
- completely removed the projector behind Geralt
- fixed the red mist bug after completing the swamp questline
- reduced the projector light during cutscenes ( this might cause certain cutscene to be too dark, might fix in a future update )
- fixed all over exposure issues
- fixed most of the sun shape/form issues
- fog amount now depends on Tod, less during day and a slightly more during sunset etc.
- fixed most of vegetation translucency issues, this is cannot be completely fixed as translucency does not work on grass
- revamped vegetation translucency/lighting now coloring depending on Tod like vanilla
- cutscene now use the default tone mapping to prevent over exposure
- imported cirrus layer clouds from B&W, while it work mostly it will require further tweaking in an update
- implemented anamorphic lens flare for the sun ( in certain Tod ) and firelight sources, because of the very hacky nature of this, mods that change lens flare are not compatible
- fixed AO in shadowed areas
- increased AO in general
- reduced Geralt reflection in certain situations to prevent him from glowing
- rainy weather have been adjusted to fit more STLM mood
- hairbang mod now is part of STLM ( add physic movement to none hairwork hair and make hairwork ponytail slightly longer )
The Witcher 3 is now available in all regions on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.