Is Windows Store Force Closing on Windows 10? Try These Fixes
According to several reports, Windows Store app is force closing when you try loading it in Windows 10 operating system.
This is not a new problem with Windows Store as we have often seen the same happening with Windows Store in Windows 10, previously too. However, it seems that the issue is affecting more than just a few users this time. Microsoft has acknowledged the problem too, and tweeted that the company is looking into the matter.
@chrismarciano We are actively investigating this issue and should be back up and running soon.
— Windows Store (@windowsstore) September 11, 2015
Windows Store is working fine at our end, however, if you are experiencing the Store app force closing after a few seconds of you loading it, there seems to be a few fixes.
- Reset Store cache:
Restore store cache as it appears to fix different problems that users face with Windows Store.
- Press Windows logo key + X and then click on Run.
- Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.
Check to see if this has sorted the problem with Windows Store.
- Troubleshoot Windows Update:
- Click Start > and type troubleshooting.
- Click on Troubleshooting option.
- Under System and Security > click on Fix problems with Windows Update.
- Follow the onscreen prompts and test the Store app.
- Re-register Windows Store app:
You can also try to re-register the Windows Store app.
- Using the same Windows logo key + X, click on Command Prompt as an admin.
- In the command prompt window, enter the following string
- powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml and press Enter.
- If the string is successfully processed, type Exit to exit the window.
Let's hope Microsoft has resolved the problems with Windows Store. If the problem persists, you can try the above fixes to try to resolve the issue. Let us know if Windows Store is still force-closing at your end.