Microsoft Hustles Ahead of the Public Release of Fall Creators Update
After weeks of wait, Microsoft seems to be on a roll this week. Releasing build 16273 on Wednesday, the Redmond Windows maker has already released another Fall Creators Update Preview build to the Insiders community along with the Mobile Preview build 15245.
Please note that today’s PC build is only available to the Fast ring and NOT to those who had signed for the Skip Ahead as they are now on the testing of the next version of Windows 10 that will be released next year. Don’t be sad though, as Microsoft is no longer bringing anything interesting with these builds, focusing solely on stability ahead of the public release next month.
Also remember, as we had shared on Wednesday the company has stopped announcing “known bugs” with Insider builds anymore, causing many to complain about several unknown issues. Today’s build appears to be fixing some of those issues and hopefully wouldn’t be introducing any new bugs of its own. Here’s the complete changelog of both the PC and Mobile Preview builds.
What’s fixed in Fall Creators Update Preview 16275
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in Asphalt 8 not accepting input in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights where when Slideshow was enabled resuming from sleep a second time might place the Lock screen in a state where it couldn’t be dismissed without pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del.
- We fixed an issue that caused minimized per-monitor DPI aware windows to miss DPI changes and end up with a mix of DPI scaling upon restoring.
- We fixed an issue in XAML resulting in text animations appearing slightly blurry in the last flight until the animation had stopped (for example, when loading the main page of Settings).
- We fixed an issue resulting in progress wheels on certain websites in Microsoft Edge unexpectedly moving out of place during their rotation.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected change in mouse sensitivity in the last flight for PCs using non-default display scaling.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the taskbar being unexpectedly thick if you booted up the PC while plugged in to an external monitor with a different DPI.
What’s fixed in Mobile build 15245
General changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile
- This build also includes all the improvements from KB4034674.
- We fixed an issue where the MTP service would sometimes crash when you disconnected your phone while a file transfer is in progress.
- We fixed a spin loop that was occasionally triggered by deleting a VPN profile.
- We fixed an issue where apps which call into the firewall (such as Microsoft Edge) have the potential of becoming deadlocked and the app hangs until you reboot your phone.
- We fixed an issue in the routing engine used by apps like Maps where the initial direction was always set to North which could result in unnecessary route segments.
- We fixed an issue where Silverlight apps that use GPS would either not start or crash.
- We fixed an issue where a non-default Messaging app (e.g. Skype) would crash with an Access Denied error when changing Download messages settings.
- We fixed an issue where the new Privacy Consent popup would block loading of apps which used the activity detection and pedometer sensors.
- We fixed an issue where turning on/off Reset Protection could cause the phone to reboot.
Loving the Fall Creators Update so far? Don’t forget to share your thoughts with us.