Featured ROM: Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S6 edge with Platinum Edge
Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge are yet to receive Nougat officially. But, you can try different stable custom ROMs to get all the Nougat features right on your devices, without waiting for slow-Samsung to release them. In today’s guide, we will be sharing with you steps to update Galaxy S6 edge to Android 7.0 Nougat based Platinum Edge custom ROM. This ROM packs the February security patch, is zipaligned, and brings some amazing tweaks to your Galaxy S6 edge. Get smooth performance and incredible battery life with Platinum Edge.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S6 edge to Android 7.0 ROM
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S6 edge to Android 7 Nougat Platinum Edge ROM
Required files: download Android 7.0 Platinum Edge custom firmware for Galaxy S6 edge G925F and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S6 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup backup> and restore on ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from Recovery, perform a full data wipe by pressing the Wipe button. Tap on Swipe to Factory Reset at the bottom.
- Go back to main recovery menu and tap on the Install button. Locate the ROM ZIP file and tap Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Once installation process is done, reboot your Galaxy S6 edge G925F into the new custom ROM. If you are, however, stuck in bootloop, tap Wipe cache/dalvik instead.
Don’t forget to share your experience with this Samsung Galaxy S6 edge custom ROM with us.