How to Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat AOKP ROM
AOKP Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom firmware is now available for Samsung Galaxy S6 model G920F. The ROM is getting some amazing reviews for its stability and performance enhancements. Follow this guide for links and steps to update Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 7.1.1 Nougat based unofficial AOKP custom ROM.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 7.1.1 AOKP
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Steps to update Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 7.1.1 Unofficial AOKP ROM
Required files: download Unofficial AOKP Android 7.1.1 custom firmware for Galaxy S6 and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your smartphone.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > check everything except "Internal Storage".
- From TWRP recovery menu, select "Install" > locate the Unofficial AOKP Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM for file Galaxy S6 and swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Repeat the above step to flash GApps (optional). Developer suggests OpenGapps.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 G920F into the new custom ROM. You might have to reboot your device 2-3 times to get smoother and fast performance.
Let us know about your experience with this custom firmware based on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat. For more details and support, please visit this XDA thread.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter