Update Galaxy S5 to G900TUVU1BNG3 Android 4.4.2 – How to
New build of Android 4.4.2 KitKat has been released for Samsung Galaxy S5 bringing some network improvements among others. The latest G900TUVU1BNG3 update enables the VoLTE for making voice calls over the T-Mobile's LTE network. Here is how you can manually update Galaxy S5 to UVU1BNG3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Note: This is an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Samsung Galaxy S5 model SM-G900T. Please do not try it on other variants!
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S5 to UVU1BNG3 Android 4.4.2:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900T carries more than 80% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S5 to UVU1BNG3 Android 4.4.2:
Files required: download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware from this link. Also download Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here. Unzip Odin; and unzip the leaked firmware file inside the same folder as Odin.
- Install Odin on your PC and launch it.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S5 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your SGS5 via a USB cable; when connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, select files:
- Click on AP / PDA and select file with CODE in its name.
- Click on CP/Phone and select file with MODEM in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked; check Re-Partition only if PIT file is selected.
- When update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 will then restart and you can then disconnect your device from computer.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter