Flash XXU1ANG3 Android 4.4.2 Stock Firmware on Galaxy S5 G900H
Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H users have received a second update after the release of the brilliant smartphone from the Korean tech giant. The latest update is geared towards the 3G users of the predominantly Asian region. The latest XXU1ANG3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat update optimizes performance and add new hardware drivers. The latest stock firmware also improves the fingerprint and heart rate sensors. You can upgrade to this latest official firmware via OTA or Samsung KIES. If you want to update Galaxy S5 G900H to XXU1ANG3 Android 4.4.2 manually, this guide will help you.
XXU1ANG3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat details:
Model name: GALAXY S5
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 06:07:24 +0000
Product Code: SKZ
Note: This is an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Samsung Galaxy S5 model SM-G900H (3G only). Please do not try it on other variants!
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S5 G900H to XXU1ANG3:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H carries more than 80% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S5 G900H to XXU1ANG3:
Files required: download the Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANG3 KitKat firmware from this link. Also download Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here. Unzip Odin; and unzip the leaked firmware file inside the same folder as Odin.
- Install Odin on your PC and launch it.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S5 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your SGS5 via a USB cable; when connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, select files:
- Click on AP / PDA and select file with CODE in its name.
- Click on CP/Phone and select file with MODEM in its name – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked; check Re-Partition only if PIT file is selected.
- When update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H will then restart and you can then disconnect your device from computer.