Update Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 to C-ROM Android 4.4.4 – How to
Here is how to update Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.4.4 based C-ROM custom firmware. Based on AOSP sources, C-ROM is one of the few stable and smooth custom firmware available on KitKat. Enjoy the level of customization provided by this ROM.
C-ROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat:
- Moved Halo Icon back to on Statusbar ( Not sure if it works good on HDPI devices).
- Launch the msim settings when the new card dialog appears
- Disable keyguard widget frame
- Don’t hide baseband on dual sim devices
- Port BatteryBar
- Frameworks: Fix linked volume does not persist after reboot.
- Change notification background from holo to kitkat grey
- Fix possible ANR and navigation bar freeze
- Frameworks: do not kill favorite recent apps
- Frameworks: fix possible NPE + and missing expandable panel correction
- Fixed Recent Clear Butons colors
- Don’t register methods when there’s nothing to register.
- Get rid of noise during boot.
- InCallUI: Fix potential NPE
- Launcher3: Icon pack support
- OmniSwitch: added icon pack support
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.4.4 C-ROM custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.4.4 based C-ROM:
- Connect Galaxy S3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the C-ROM Android 4.4.4 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter