Update Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 to Resurrection Remix Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM – How to
One more custom ROM is available in the mix of available Android 4.4 KitKat based firmwares. The AOKP, CM, ParanoidAndroid and original Remix mixture, popularly titled as Resurrection Remix, can now be flashed on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 T999. Creating a powerful combination of fast performance, highest level of customization, and new features, Resuurection Remix is one of the few favorites of Android world. Here is how to update Galaxy S3 T999 to Resurrection Remix Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Resurrection Remix Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Active display
- Lockscreen Notifications
- Application side bar
- Notification panel tweaks
- Tiles style
- Music Toggle
- Pitch Black UI Mode
- Camera mods
- ListView Animations
- Custom system animations
- Custom progress bar
- Screen recorder
- Hardware buttons and navbar options
- Status bar traffic monitor
- Battery bar options
- CRT animations
- SB Brightness slider
- Expanded desktop
- Performance controller
- Flip tiles
- Theme chooser
- Keyboard features
- Lockscreen see blur and reduce slider
- Show Wi-Fi name
- Headset action
- Low battery warning
- Lock clock widget
- Privacy guard
- Permission management
- Power sounds
- Share ROM
- Battery mods
- Lockscreen options and targets
- Center Clock/No clock/Right Clock
- AM/PM,date and colors
- New Wallpaper app
- Nova/Stock launcher included
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S3 T999 to Resurrection Remix Android 4.4.2:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S3 T999 to Resurrection Remix Android 4.4.2:
- Connect Galaxy S3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Resurrection Remix Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.