Update Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 5.1 Lollipop – How to
Based on the very latest Android 5.1 Lollipop, NightOwl custom firmware is one of the first to be available for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. While the custom ROM is in beta version, all the primary functions are working perfectly. The few flaws that may be there will be fixed in the final release. Here are the steps to help you update Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 5.1 Lollipop.
Check these prereqs before you update Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 5.1 Lollipop:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note N7000 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 carries more than 70% of charge.
Guide to update Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 5.1:
- Connect your Galaxy Note to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your Galaxy device.
- Disconnect your Samsung Note N7000 and power it off.
- Now boot it in to the CMW recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Nandroid backup: select Backup and Restore option to perform the Nandroid backup of your current OS.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the NightOwl Android 5.1 Lollipop file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
- Wait until your device boots in to the very new Android!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter