Unc0ver Jailbreak for iOS 12 – iOS 12.4 Gets ‘Biggest Stability and Reliability’ Update – Download Now!
If you have jailbroken your iPhone using the Unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 - iOS 12.4, it has received a new update which is being dubbed as the 'biggest stability and reliability update'. However, the update is still not positioned with full support for A12 Bionic devices like the iPhone XS, iPhone XR and last year's iPad Pro models. Nonetheless, the new update has a lot in store, so let's dive in to see some more details on the subject.
Unc0ver Jailbreak for iOS 12 - iOS 12.4 Receives Biggest Update - Install v3.6.0
In the latest v3.6.0 of Unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 - iOS 12.4, @pwn20wnd and team has written and designed all jailbreak patches from scratch. This will ultimately aid in enhanced stability and performance. In addition, the jailbreak patches are now static in nature which further bolsters system stability. The v3.6.0 of Unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 also switches to the SockPort 3.0 exploit, improving the reliability of jailbreak on iOS 12.4 running on low RAM count.
Check out the entire changelog below for Uncover jailbreak for iOS 12 - iOS 12.4 v3.6.0:
- Completely redesign and rewrite all jailbreak patches from scratch
- Make the jailbreak patches static and not dynamic–Meaning that the system stability will be completely stock after the jailbreak
- Fix the app crashing on launch when signed with provisioning profiles with non-ASCII characters
- Internally prepare jailbreak patches for full-fledged A12-A12X support
- Make the jailbreak significantly and noticeably more reliable and faster to run
- Add the SockPort 3.0 exploit for improved reliability on iOS 12.4 and devices with low RAM
- Fix SSH support for arm64e devices running iOS12.0-12.1.2
- Make it possible to jailbreak with corrupted SystemVersion.plist on iOS 12.4
- Make the jailbreak perform proper clean up to preserve system stability in case of a failure
- Fix the jbctl command-line utility
- Switch to a new technique for setting the system boot nonce generator that works on all arm64e devices running iOS12.0-12.4 (Thanks to @0x7ff for the idea)
- Fix a bug with the initial Cydia installation getting stuck sometimes
- Significantly speed up the initial Cydia installation process
- Internally prepare upcoming stable substitute support
- Internally prepare Cydia and its resources for full-fledged arm64e support
If you're up for it, you can install the latest v3.6.0 on your iOS device from the team's new website: Uncover.dev.
Full-fledged A12-A12X support will come as soon as I am done with my redesign of the Physical Map Codesign bypass without kernel-code-execution--I have gotten a POC working for the new method I am working on. The entire method is just extremely complex and takes time to develop.
— Pwn20wnd is reviving 0-Days (@Pwn20wnd) September 8, 2019
Other than this, the team is still working to add support for A12X Bionic. We would totally recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of Unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 as it will provide a much smoother experience and more stable.
This is all for now, folks. What are your thoughts on the latest update for Unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12? What variations do you see? Let us know in the comments.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter