How to Jailbreak iPhone 12 Running iOS 14 to iOS 14.3 Using the Unc0ver 6.0.0 Tool
The Unc0ver jailbreak team has released its latest iOS 14 to iOS 14.3 jailbreak for all iPhone models starting from the iPhone 6s to the iPhone 12 series. This is the first time that iPhone 12 models have seen a jailbreak oriented towards it. Moreover, it is a full-fledged jailbreak with support for tweak injection and package management through Cydia. If you have a supported device running the aforementioned iOS build, here's how to jailbreak your iPhone using the Unc0ver jailbreak tool.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 6s to iPhone 12 Running iOS 14 to iOS 14.3 Using the New Unc0ver Tool
The new Unc0ver jailbreak for iPhone 6s to iPhone 12 is a semi-tethered jailbreak tool. What this means is that you will have to jailbreak your iPhone again every time you reboot your device, This is not much of an issue since the entire process can be done through your phone. Take note that you do require a computer but it is only needed to install the Unc0ver app on your phone. Before we dive into and detail the jailbreak process, there are some aspects that you should keep a note of.
iPhone and iPad Compatibility
- 5th, 6th, 7th generation iPad
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 5
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air 3, iPad Air 4
- 2017 iPad Pro, 2018 iPad Pro, 2020 iPad Pro
- iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone SE (2016)
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus
In simple words, any iPhone model that is running iOS 14 to iOS 14.3 can be jailbroken using the Unc0ver tool. 6.0.
Before You Jailbreak Your iPhone
- You have to delete any iOS 14 OTA update file on your iPhone, You can do that by navigating to Settings > Storage and then reboot your device.
- Make sure you have created a backup of your iPhone or iPad so all of your important data is safe.
- Unc0ver jailbreak features Substitute support for tweak injection along with package management through Cydia.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 6s to iPhone 12 Running iOS 14 to iOS 14.3
1. The first thing that you gave to do is download the AltServer on your Mac or PC and then open it. Connect your iPhone to your PC via USB and install the Mail Plugin to set up the AltStore.
2. In your Mac's menu bar, click on the AltServer icon. Now select Install AltStar and select your iPhone or iPad.
3. On your connected iPhone or iPad's home screen, an AltStore icon should now appear. Navigate to Settings > General > Device Management on your iPhone or iPad and tap on your Apple ID. Trust the AltStore's Developer Certificate.
4. Download the latest Unc0ver version with your iPhone or iPad connected to your PC. When you do so, you will see an "Open In .." option. You will use this to open the IPA in AltStore. It will initiate the installation process and you might be asked to enter your Apple ID and password during the process. The credentials are used in the installation process for certificate signing purposes. Use one Apple ID for all your operations.
Note: If you don't get the "Open In.." option, manually navigate to Unc0ver's website on your iPhone and download the IPA. This will prompt the AltStore to open the app.
5. Lastly, navigate back to your iPhone or iPad's home screen and launch Unc0ver. Tap on the Jailbreak button and wait for the app to finish the installation. Take note that your iPhone will respring during the process so don't worry about it. Once the process is complete, you will see the Cydia icon on your iPhone or iPad's home screen.
An important thing to note here is that there are chances that the process will fail for you. If that happens you will have to, simply restart your device and launch the Unc0ver app and initiate the jailbreak process again. If the Unc0ver app is failing for you or crashing. What you need to do is close the Unc0ver app, clear all cache for the app and then restart your iPhone. When it turns back on, but Airplane mode on and then try to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad again.
Once you have jailbroken your iPhone or iPad using the Unc0ver tool v6.0, there are a plethora of jailbreak tweaks available. We will share an updated list soon, so be sure to stick around for that. Also, let us know how your experience went with jailbreaking the biggest iPhone 12 Pro Max?