Get Trackpad Gestures in Windows 10 for Your MacBook – Windows 10 Tricks
Apple updated Boot Camp app to bring support for Windows 10 officially. We had already shared with you two ways to install and use Windows 10 on your Macs but it's always good to get official support. With this latest support, more OS X users are expected to download and install Windows 10 on their MacBook. Once you are on Windows 10, it would be one awesome treat to get gesture support in Windows that Microsoft offered for devices with Precision Keyboards. Here is how you can bring trackpad gestures in Windows 10 on Mac.
- Recommended: New Windows 10 Activation Rules - All You Need to Know
Enable Windows 10 trackpad gestures on Mac:
You can get some free third-party apps to enable gesture controls in Windows 10 on Mac. Trackpad++ along with Power Plan System (only required for 64-bit systems) help bring gesture support in Windows enabling your trackpad with more controls. While Trackpad++ is the app actually responsible for the task, Power Plan Assistant essentially helps it install, overriding Microsoft's digital signature enforcement policy. Following is the guide to enable gesture controls in Windows 10 on Mac.
- Double click on Trackpad++ to install the app.
- You will receive a warning; click on More Info and check on I understand the risk... and click on Run Anyway.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and allow the app to override Microsoft's digital enforcement policy.
- Drivers will install now, after which you will be asked to agree to Boot Camp modifications.
- Reboot your Mac.
- Next, double-click on Trackpad++ again followed by clicking on the More Info > Run Anyway.
- Begin installation > finish it and click Yes to install the drivers.
- On the next screen, click on Install this driver software anyway.
- Click on OK when completed.
You will now notice Trackpad++ in the lower-right corner of your task bar. Double-click it to configure the features that you want to try.
Note: The app seems to be a pretty old and a trusted effort that is constantly kept updated. While there doesn't appear to be any security concern, always proceed with caution when it comes to third-party apps. According to the developer, you will have to update Trackpad++ weekly.
[Trackpad++] requires mandatory weekly update. If the week has passed and Trackpad++ Control Module was not updated, Trackpad++ driver will be using the Boot Camp driver settings, unless the Trackpad++ Control Module is updated.
- Recommended: How to Install Android APKs on Windows 10
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter