The Occupation to Run at 4K on both PS4 Pro & Xbox One X, Dev Would Love to Release it on Switch
The Occupation is one of several intriguing indie games due this year, and it's coming out on March 5th on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Ahead of the launch due early next month, we've chatted with the developers at White Paper Games, who confirmed that The Occupation will be enhanced for both PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X to run at 4K resolution.
They've also said a port to the Nintendo Switch console is a concrete possibility.
The game will output at 4K resolution on both Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro, and some areas may have a higher frame rate than the base game. You might be poking through people’s emails in The Occupation, and the higher resolution output is especially useful when you’re looking at things like text on the screen, trying to piece together what is happening in the world.
We’d love to release The Occupation on Switch. Lots of people have been asking for it and a lot of our developer friends have experienced success on the platform so it would be great fun to do.
Check back tomorrow to read our full interview with White Paper Games.
The Occupation Includes...
- A clock-watching narrative thriller with multiple outcomes
- Politically driven themes highlighting the shades of grey people believe to be hard facts
- Events that happen in real-time, forcing you to choose between the careful and methodical vs the direct and disruptive approach
- Rich world building based on British architecture with mature themes giving you a great sense of the people who lived, worked and lost their lives here
- Evidence gathering by any means necessary
- Player choice and freedom to explore
- A complex narrative web of truths, lies and accidents
- A high-tech watch with an alarm and timer for remembering those important meetings!
- A fully interactive briefcase inventory to store anything you think might be pertinent to your investigation.
- A pager that can display up to 12 characters on the screen - Perfect for delivering your current objectives.
- Threads of the people that work and live in this world. Relive some of people's last actions
- Each person in the world has a routine to follow so that you can plan your approach. Be careful though as an unexpected toilet or smoke break may foil even the best laid plans.
- Non-linear environments with objectives designed to be approached from multiple angles to allow for different play styles.
- Over 3 hours of original music from 80's Brit-pop, classical concertos and acoustic ballads.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter