There’s a Way to Tame Animals, or at Least Yao Guai Bears, in Fallout 76
An enterprising user going by the name warbrand2 has discovered a way to tame animals in Fallout 76. He posted the following screenshot on the game's official forums as irrefutable proof.
To be more specific, he managed to tame a Yao Guai, a species of mutated American black bears. As you can see from the screenshot, he was also able to send the animal to his camp to work as an NPC guard of sorts. Given the pop-up window, it is basically guaranteed not to be a bug. Then again, it is curious that taming is so rare only one player was able to make it work so far.
Anyway, according to warbrand2, in order to tame the Yao Guai you will have to select the Animal Friend perk card (under Charisma) and max it to three points. Apparently, it is also necessary to find a lone Yao Guai for the taming to work; do not attempt to tame one when there's a pack of them roaming.
Yesterday, Bethesda posted a detailed update on the next two patches for Fallout 76 coming on December 4th and December 11th. Check out the rundown below.
December 4 Update
- Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
- Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
- Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
- Respawning When Overencumbered: We’ve resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
- Stuck in Power Armor: We’ve addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.
December 11 Update
- PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
- SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
- C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
- Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also use the Bulldozer to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!