Star Citizen Is Once Again Free to Play While Devs Share the Latest Updates on Virtual AI Work
Star Citizen is once again having a 'free fly event', that is to say, an event where the game is free to play. This time, it more or less coincides with the in-game Invictus Launch Week 2951 event, set on the planet microTech and more specifically in the trading hub of New Babbage (more on that here). Star Citizen will be free to play until June 3rd.
- Test-Fly Every Vehicle for Free: A total of 59 vehicles will be available for Star Citizen players to test fly for free, including the latest from the galaxy’s most respected manufacturers on show for the first time during the Invictus Launch Week 2951 event.
- Explore a Navy Javelin: Designed for use by the UEE military, the UEES War Hammer Javelin destroyer is one of the most powerful warships in the ‘verse. For the first time ever, players can explore the interior of an in-service UEE Javelin and join ship tour groups led by NPCs who will share the history of the War Hammer and UEE.The Javelin is scheduled to dock at major hubs throughout Invictus Launch Week 2951. Head to Everus Harbor above Hurston, Baijini Point above ArcCorp, and Port Tressler above microTech to join.
- Witness the Largest Warship in Bengal Fleet Tour: Event organizers have a special never-before-seen surprise that is sure to delight attendees. Be sure to keep your eyes on the sky in the Stanton area for the most impressive display of the UEE Navy’s might to-date with a fleet tour led by the behemoth Bengal-class warship. Often referred to as the “tip of the sword,” the iconic Bengal is the largest and most powerful warship available to the UEE Navy, eclipsing the size of the next biggest Warship, the Javelin, by over four times. Bengals carry multiple squadrons of fighters, bombers, and support craft. Their massive armaments and extremely heavy shielding make it nearly impossible for any individual craft to threaten them. Only a combined effort could ever hope to destroy or capture one.
- Crusader Hercules Starlifter C2/M2: For players who need more room, nothing beats out the Crusader Hercules Starlifter. A behemoth of the skies and one of the largest flyable ships in-game, the Starlifter features both strong defensive weaponry and massive cargo capacity. The M2 Variant can transport all ground vehicles and select ships, making it a versatile choice to use as a dropship or troop carrier. The C2 variant boasts the largest cargo capacity in-game, perfect for racing teams, ship dealers, and those aspiring to make their riches amongst the stars.
- Tumbril Nova Tank: As the first full-combat tank introduced to Star Citizen, the Tumbril Nova Tank comes armed with anti-vehicle, anti-aircraft, and anti-personnel weaponry and can be manned by multiple crew members.
- The RSI Scorpius Revealed: Armed with a remote turret that offers greater fire arc coverage than the Vanguard Warden, the RSI Scorpius is the best two-person fighter for dogfighting. Its unique X-shape design comes with wings that can be adjusted between a landed state and flight state. This powerful new concept ship will be revealed for the first time during Invictus Launch Week 2951.
Meanwhile, work on Star Citizen continues. Just yesterday, the game's developers have published a lengthy new video where Tony Zurovec, Director of Persistent Universe, revealed the progress made on the Quantum game simulation, virtual AI, and dynamic events. The current goal is to release these systems, which should go a long way towards making Star Citizen feel like a real universe, later this year.