Sprint’s New Plans Sprint Flex and Sprint Deal Make Smartphone Leasing Easier Than Ever
Sprint has today launched two new plans to make smartphone leasing easier in the US. The two new plans - Sprint Flex and Sprint Deal, are focused on providing more options to smartphone buyers. The Sprint Flex plan offers new options to lease a device for postpaid account holders on Sprint, and Sprint Deals presents an opportunity to buy a smartphone without a credit check.
The US-based carrier has been offering phone leasing options for a while, but today Sprint has introduced better plans to buy and trade-in smartphones. With the new plans, buyers will still get the phone on the lease, but they can choose to upgrade to a new phone after 12 or 18 months. Or, they can opt for buying the device or continue the lease.
Sprint Flex is an impressive plan from the carrier as it allows them to use a phone before deciding whether to upgrade, continue leasing, return the device, or buy it. Meanwhile, customers will still get an option to purchase the phone at the point of sale.
With the new plans, Sprint expects to retain its customers whilst attracting new customers to join. In a statement, Marcelo Claure, Sprint President and CEO says,“Sprint Flex is the ultimate option for consumers who want the latest device at our most competitive prices with maximum flexibility.”
In the press release, the company says that when a customer from another carrier ports to Sprint, they will get four lines of unlimited data, talk and text services at $22.50 per month per line. Plus, the fifth line will be free for them for a limited period. Strangely, the company has not mentioned about its promotion plan for new customers that offers a free year of unlimited service (plan valid until July 31, 2017). You can check Sprint's official webpage to know more.
Here's how Sprint Flex and Sprint Deal plans work:
First, with Sprint Flex, customers can lease any phone and have the option to upgrade or purchase later. Unlike other carriers, which require the customer to decide to buy up front, Sprint lets customers make the final decision later, so they don’t get stuck with their old phone. Sprint Flex allows customers to enjoy their phone before deciding what option (upgrade, continue leasing, return, or own) works best for their lifestyle. Customers can still choose to buy the phone outright at point of sale.
- Choose a phone and start paying monthly with our lowest cost down today.
- Benefit from annual upgrades with iPhone Forever and Galaxy Forever at no additional monthly charge; or, for $5 per month, choose an annual upgrade option for any other new device.
- At 18 months: Choose to return your device and upgrade to a new one.
- Choose to own the device by paying it off in one payment.
- Choose to own the device by making six more monthly payments.
- All lease payments already made will count toward the purchase price.
Second, with Sprint Deals, customers have both flexibility and savings on a “value menu” of affordable smartphones – with or without a credit check. Customers who apply for and receive credit with Sprint, can take advantage of Sprint Flex on a postpaid plan:
- For entry-level devices, customers pay $5 per month with $25 down.
- For higher-end devices, customers pay $10 per month with $30 down.
- Customers who prefer to bypass a credit check with Sprint, can get an instant discount on the same “value menu” of smartphones, on a Sprint Forward prepaid plan:
- For entry-level devices, customers get 50 percent off the suggested retail price.
- For higher-end devices, customers pay 25 percent off the suggested retail price.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter