Shenmue III Backer Demo Will be Available This Weekend
Shenmue III finally arrives this November, but those who contributed to the game’s crowdfunding campaign can get a taste of the long-awaited adventure this weekend. The promised backer trial will let players experience one in-game day in the Bailu Village area. That may not sound like too much, but you can replay the day as much as you want, allowing you to really explore every nook and cranny of the town. Here’s the full rundown of everything included in the demo:
The trial version will feature a stand-alone act with objective that takes place in the first area of Shenmue III, Bailu Village. The game will be playable for an estimated 1 hours, and will be replayable after the objective has been cleared. There are lots of activities to experience and we hope you go back for more until the trial expires. The trial version will also come with a PDF play guide. Trial version saves will not transfer over to the final version of the game.
The game will end when
- You progress the story and defeat a key character in battle
- The in-game clock reaches 9pm
- You may replay the game after completing the objective or time is up.
Differences from Full Version
- No Save/Load feature
- Same specifications differ
- No tutorial at game start
- At least 20GB of storage is required for download and installation
- Language support: Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese
- Save data cannot be transferred to Full Version
- Playing with a controller is highly recommended
A survey will be going out to Shenmue III backers over the course of this weekend, which will include a link to a download code. Redeem the code via the Epic Games launcher, and you’re good to go.
Shenmue III arrives on PC and PS4 on November 19.