How to Enable and Adjust Night Light Settings on Google Pixel and Pixel XL – Android Tips
Google's Pixel and Pixel XL brought you the ability to remove the blue tints from your screen. Known as the Night Light, this new setting cuts down on the amount of "blue light" that your phone display is shooting out. Studies have suggested that users can have a hard time falling asleep after our eyes have been subjected to the blue light constantly. With Android 7.1 Nougat on board, you can now set up Night Light on Google Pixel and see for yourself if removing blue tint helps you fall asleep easier. Of course, don't take caffeine late at night or keep checking Facebook feed and then blame it on the light. When we are talking about "cutting down," it doesn't only mean the blue light...
Anyway, here are the few simple steps that will help you set up Night Light on Google Pixel and get rid of the harmful blues a few hours before your usual bedtime. These steps are followed by a quick tip on how to easily turn the Night Light on or off, manually.
How to set up Night Light on Google Pixel
- On the home screen, swipe down from the Notification shade.
- Tap the Settings icon on the right side.
- Go to Settings > tap on Display.
- Select Night Light > Schedule.
- Tap on Turn on automatically.
- You will now see the option to set up a schedule: choose from Never, Custom schedule, or Sunset to sunrise (recommended).
- Under Status toggle On / Turn off automatically for the Night Light to enable automatically at the scheduled time.
Tip: quickly turn on and off Night Light
- Swipe down on the Notification shade
- Swipe down once more to get the Quick settings menu.
- Tap on the Night Light icon (moon) to easily turn on or off the light.
- More Android tips and tricks
- Take Screenshots on Google Pixel and Pixel XL (Assistant Tip Added)
- Install TWRP and Root Google Pixel XL on Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- How to Change Screen Resolution on the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
- How to Fix Google Pixel Audio Distortion Issues with This Custom ROM
- Enable Gestures on Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge – Android Tips
- Two Ways to Reset Your Google Pixel and Pixel XL
- Tips to Fix Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge Battery Drain Issues