Steps to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung is just about to start rolling out Android Nougat to its Galaxy S7 and S7 edge flagship phones. The company was expected to release the firmware to public earlier in January and the update is now expected to reach out to different regions in the coming weeks (it’s only available to beta testers in the first phase). Can’t wait for the official update? We have yet another custom ROM based on Nougat for your Samsung Galaxy S7 (Exynos). While early in development, the ROM reportedly gives smooth and high performance. Here is how to update Galaxy S7 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Zephyr custom ROM.
Zephyr OS Android 7.1.1
-Carrier Label customisations
-DT2S on statusbar/lockscreen
-AOSPA battery styles
-Clock & Date customisation
-Network Traffic indicator
-status bar brightness control
-HALO from AOSPA
-DT2S on navbar
-recents panel search bar toggle
-Clear all recents fab (top right/left/center,bottom right/left/center)
-Hardware buttons action( for HWnavkeys devices only)
-Longpress recents button to switch between apps
– DUI [Smartbar/Fling/Pulse]
– Pulse advanced customization
-Middle Lockscreen shortcuts(Custom apps)
-Music seek control when screen locked
-Volume rocker wake
-LockScreen Music Visualizer
-Music Visualizer custom colors
-LockScreen bottom shortcuts
-Customize quick settings tiles(add/delete/rearrange)
-Brightness slider toggle
-Advanced QS location tile
-Vibrate on touch
-Four tiles per row toggle
-toggle status bar icons
-Time contextual Headers
– Disable Quick Settings in secured lockscreen
-Added all the required tiles
-GESTURES (Hand Wave/Pocket mode)
-SUBSTRATUM for theming
-Per app expanded desktop control
-Multi window mode
– Paranoid Android’s Floating Window
– Per app floating window control
-light and dark theme toggle
-FORCE MOVE apps to SDCARD
-Download Speeds for your downloads
-Ability to pause/resume downloads
-Custom Ambient Display settings
-Reset Battery Stats option
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S7 to Android 7.1.1 ROM
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP (developer preferred) or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: The ROM is in development. For the complete changelog, bugs, support, and more details visit the XDA thread.
How to update Galaxy S7 to Android 7.1.1 Zephyr OS
- Connect your Galaxy S7 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset and confirm the process.
- From the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Zephyr custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S7 into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.
Don’t forget to share your experience with this newly developed custom ROM with our readers. We’d love to learn about your favorite Galaxy S7 ROMs too.