Google has patched some critical vulnerabilities in the latest Android November security updates that started rolling out a few hours ago. An important update, we have already shared with you steps to install the latest updates on Google devices. Here are the steps to root your Nexus 6P and other devices on the latest Android 7.0.0 Nougat updates.
Prerequisites to root NBD91K, NRD91N Android 7.0.0 Nougat
- Create a backup of all important data on your Nexus device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus in your computer.
- Your Nexus device should be updated to latest Android 7.0.0 Nougat.
- The Nexus 6P bootloader should be unlocked.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to enable USB Debugging.
- Ensure that your Nexus carries more than 70% of charge.
Steps to root NBD91K Android 7.0.0 Nougat
- Download Android SDK and install it. Set it up with platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK.
- Download SuperSU v2.78 for your Nexus device on your PC.
- Make sure to have a custom recovery tool like CWM, or TWRP:
- Also, download Fastboot from the following links, depending on your OS and extract it in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory. Create directory if not already there.
Step 1: Connect your Nexus 6P or 5X to your computer via USB.
Step 2: Copy and paste SuperSu zip file to your device's SD card root folder.
3: Turn your Nexus off.
Step 4: Enter the Bootloader mode: power your Nexus on while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power keys.
Step 5: Go to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt) and type the following command:
Nexus 6P: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-angler.img - replace with twrp-3.0.2-2 if you used the latest recovery version.
Nexus 5X: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-bullhead.img - replace with twrp-3.0.2-2 if you used the latest version
Step 6: Once done, enter recovery mode by choosing Recovery from the Fastboot menu.
Step 7: In the recovery mode (CWM or TWRP), scroll to flash zip from SD card > choose zip from sdcard.
Step 8: Using the volume keys, locate SuperSU-v2.78-201609011115.zip file and select it. Confirm the installation process.
Step 9: After installation is completed, go to +++++Go Back and reboot your Nexus device. First boot may take a few minutes.
Your Nexus device is now updated and rooted on NRD91N or NBD91K Android 7.0.0 Nougat. You can verify the root with any Root Checker app.