Root Galaxy S4 I9500 on XXUGNH4 Android 4.4.2 – How to
Samsung recently released a new KitKat update to the Samsung Galaxy S4 model I9500. The latest XXUGNH4 Android 4.4.2 brings in system stability to the device and is recommended to be flashed. If you have updated your smartphone to the latest firmware, here is how to root I9500XXUGNH4 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S5 to get the super access.
Prerequisites to root I9500XXUGNH4 Galaxy S4 i9500 official firmware:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that no anti-virus programs are running on the computer when you start the installation process.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 carries more than 70% of charge.
Root I9500XXUGNH4 Android 4.2.2 official firmware:
Here are the steps to help you root I9500XXUGNH4 Android 4.4.2:
- Install Odin on your computer and launch the program.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons simultaneously. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- Click on PDA on Odin and locate the root file CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.zip.
- Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked. Click on the Start button to initiate the root process.
- After a while, when you SGS4 gets rooted successfully, ID:COM will turn green on Odin and Odin will also show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from computer.
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of official firmware, perform data wiping tasks: turn off S4 and reboot it into recovery mode. In recovery, select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your smartphone.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter