Root I9500XXUFNG1 Android 4.4.2 Stock Firmware On Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
I9500XXUFNG1 was released yesterday for Indian users, if you yet to update you can follow our tutorial from here (I9500XXUFNG1 Android 4.4.2 Kitkat for Galaxy S4), but we assume that you have already done with updating firmware now its time to Root I9500XXUFNG1 Android 4.4.2. Below is their tutorial that will help you to Root I9500XXUFNG1 Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Stock Firmware On Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
Keep in mind that after updating the official firmware, your device no longer belongs to root device. And on the other hand, if you root your device you warranty may void, many of us prefer to root our device to enjoy some additional features that unrooted android device doesn't offer.
Some prerequisites to root Galaxy S4 on XXUFNG1:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that some recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root Galaxy S4 on XXUFNG1 KitKat:
- Switch your Galaxy S4 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons together, then press the Power button until you see the Android construction bot.
- Run Odin .exe as an admin on your PC and connect your Galaxy S4 with your computer using the USB cable. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on AP / PDA on Odin, select the CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.tar.md5 downloaded earlier and hit the Start button.
- When installation is successfully completed; your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 will reboot into recovery automatically and install the root files. Also, ID:COM will turn green.
- When you see the home screen, disconnect your device from PC.
To confirm that your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 has got Super SU access, verify by downloading Root Checker from Play Store.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter