I9500XXUFNG1 Android 4.4.2 Kitkat for Galaxy S4
Samsung officially released I9500XXUFNG1 Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware for Galaxy S4 (Exynos Octa) (Date 07-AUG-2014). You can download this latest firmware from and we will provide you a complete guide on "How to update Galaxy S4 Firmware to XXUFNG1 Android 4.4.2 Kitkat"
Today Samsung rolled out an OTA update about the firmware in INDIA and its build number is I9500XXUFNG1. Samsung Galaxy S4 was released with jelly bean firmware, but later Samsung rolled out its new firmware so that users can also enjoy the latest android version that is KITKAT. The last two updates was I9500XXUFNE4 and I9500UBUFND2. So now lets move towards the tutorial section.
You can download it through OTA if available Otherwise use manual method to update firmware , which is given below. If you don’t know how to check the firmware update then follow this short tutorial “Go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update”. Let's move toward the main tutorial
Disclaimer:This guide will be using ‘Odin’ as a took to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500). During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Update Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) to XXUFNG1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat - Official. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat I9500XXUFNG1 Firmware Details:
Date: AUG, 2014
Update Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) to XXUFNG1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat - Official.
- Download and Extract XXUFNG1_I9500XXUFNG1.zip to get a file with .tar extension in the unzipped folder.
- You will then extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Switch your phone off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete the power down cycle.
- You will then put your Galaxy S4 I9500 phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes the Samsung Logo. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter download mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe with Administrator rights.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 I9500 with your PC. You will then see a notification appear in Odin in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If for some reason, you do not see the said notification, try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. Once you successfully see the “Added!!” notification in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port being depicted by a number in ‘yellow’ to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select the following files in Odin at their respective tabs from extracted I9500XXUFNG1 firmware folder :
- Click the ‘PDA’ Button, and select the .tar file extracted in Step 1.
- Click the ‘Phone’ Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘CSC’ Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘PIT’ Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Please make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file.
- Hit the ‘START’ button to begin the flashing process.
Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will automatically reboot and you will see a ‘Green’ PASS notification in the top-left-most box. You can unplug the device from the computer now.
If you have followed every point described in the guide, your Galaxy S4 I9500 should now be running Android 4.4.2 Kitkat build I9500XXUFNG1. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.