Previously known as ProBAM custom ROM, you can now update Galaxy S4 to AOSB Android 4.4.2 custom firmware. A new addition in the ever-increasing list of Android 4.4 based custom ROMs, AOSB (Android Open Source Blitz) Project is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat AOSP and CyanogenMod 11 builds.
Here are the prerequisites and step-by-step guide to update Galaxy S4 to AOSB Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware.
- Recommended read: Bugs Reported in Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat and their Fixes
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 to AOSB Android 4.4.2:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on LTE Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505; kindly do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to Update Galaxy S4 to AOSB Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM:
Required files: download the AOSB Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware for Galaxy S4 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the AOSB Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I9505 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Congrats! You have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy S4 to the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat with AOSB custom firmware.
- Relevant reads: