NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB GDDR6 Graphics Card Review FT. MSI Armor X & ASUS ROG STRIX
ASUS ROG GeForce RTX 2070 STRIX OC & MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Armor OCOctober, 2018
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Armor OC Overview
The MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR OC variant is above the Ventus which falls close to the MSRP. The price difference between the ARMOR OC and reference models may be slightly higher since it retails at $570 US (Newegg) or $70 US above the reference price while giving you a custom cooler, custom PCB and a factory overclock out of the box.
In terms of specifications, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 features 2304 CUDA cores, 144 TMUs, and 64 ROPs. The Turing TU106 die used on the graphics card is based around a 12nm process and has a die size of 445mm2. The core clocks for the card are maintained at 1410 MHz for base and 1610 MHz for boost. The MSI Armor OC model is clocked up to 1740 MHz (boost) which will be providing better gaming performance than the reference model. The chip additionally comes with 6 Gigarays of ray tracing performance and a total of 7.5 TFLOPs of FP32 compute output. The cards feature an 8 GB GDDR6 memory interface running along a 256-bit wide bus interface. The reference model is powered by a single 8 pin connector and has a TDP of 175W.
The ARMOR OC design is built upon the foundations of the previous Armor layout with dual Torx 2.0 fans that come with Zero Frozr technology and the dispersion fan blade design, allowing higher airflow to reach the heatsink underneath the shroud. The card features a custom 8 phase PCB (6 + 2) and is powered by an 8 and 6 pin connector configuration. The custom PCB is fitted with an anti-bending bracket which offers better durability.
Following are some of the features of the MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR OC before we go into detail:
- Boost Clock / Memory Speed
1740 MHz / 14Gbps
- 8GB GDDR6
- DisplayPort x 3 / HDMI x 1 / USB Type-C x 1
Armor Thermal Design
- TORX Fan 2.0 with Double Ball Bearings
- Dispersion fan blade: Steeply curved blade accelerating the airflow.
- Traditional fan blade: Provides steady airflow to massive heat sink below.
- Mastery of Aerodynamics: The heatsink is optimized for efficient heat dissipation, keeping your temperatures low and performance high.
- Zero Frozr technology: Stopping the fan in low-load situations, keeping a noise-free environment.
RGB Mystic Light
- Customize colors and LED effects with exclusive MSI software and synchronize the look & feel with other components.