Intel Rocket Lake Core i9-11900K 8 Core Desktop CPU Review Ft. MSI MEG Z590 ACE, ASRock Z590 Steel Legend, AORUS Z590 PRO AX Motherboards
Intel Core i9-11900K30th March, 2021
MSI MEG Z590 ACE Motherboard - Features
Moving over to the MSI 500 series lineup, the board manufacturer is preparing 15 Z590, 12 B560 & 3 H510 motherboards. The MSI lineup will feature a range of families. These include the MEG or Massive Enthusiast Gaming lineup which focuses on the enthusiast gaming segment, MPG which stands for Massive Performance Gaming and carters the high-end market, MAG, or the Massive Arsenal Gaming which focuses on the mainstream and budget segment while the PRO series is designed with content creators in mind.
MSI is back with its MEG ACE, this time featuring the Z590 chipset and design that is much powerful than ever. The MSI MEG Z590 ACE features an insane amount of technical expertise that has gone into its design and development.
Featured right below MSI's flagship Z590 product, the MEG Z590 GODLIKE, the MSI MEG Z590 ACE comes with an insane power delivery setup. You get a Direct 19 Phase All-Digital VRM with 90 Amp Smart Power Stages. Power to the VRM and CPU socket is provided through a dual 8-pin connector configuration.
MSI MEG Z590 ACE Motherboard Features:
- Supports 11th and 10th Gen Intel Core / Pentium Celeron processors for LGA 1200 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 5600(OC) MHz
- Dual Thunderbolt 4 ports: Thunderbolt USB-C at true 40 Gb/s speeds, 8K display support, Daisy-Chaining, and Multi-Port Accessory Architecture provide reliable connectivity and a better user experience.
- Quadruple M.2 Connectors: Onboard 4x M.2 connectors for the maximum storage performance with one Lightning Gen 4 solution. Shield Frozr design keeps M.2 SSDs safe while preventing throttling, making them run faster.
- Extreme Power Design: INTERSIL digital PWM, 16+2+1 phases with 90A Smart Power Stage, dual CPU power connectors, and exclusive Mirrored Power Arrangement to unleash the true power of your processors.
- Outstanding Cooling Solution: Aluminum Cover, VRM Heat-pipe, 7W/mK thermal pads, M.2 Shield Frozr and Aluminum Backplate ensure the extreme performance with low temp.
- 2.5G LAN with latest Wi-Fi 6E: Onboard 2.5G LAN with LAN manager and latest Wi-Fi 6E solution which supports 6GHz spectrum delivering the best online gaming experience.
- Smart Button: One button with multiple hardware control. Reset Computer, Safe Boot, Turbo Fan, and EZ LED control functions with just one click.
- 8 Layer PCB with 2oz Thickened Copper: Provides higher performance and long-lasting system stability without any compromise.
- Audio Boost 5 HD: Ultimate audio solution with the latest premium ALC4082 audio processor combining ESS audio DAC and amplifier delivers a breathtaking experience.
The rampage doesn't end here, the MEG Z590 ACE also features support for four DDR4 Rams with speeds of up to 5600+ MHz (OC) and a capacity of up to 128 GB. The board features 6 SATA III ports and a single USB 3.0/3.2 Gen 2 front-panel header. Before we talk about I/O and expansion on this motherboard, let's look at the design itself.
MSI's MEG Z590 ACE is simply put, brilliant in its design and features. The ATX motherboard features several heatsinks and a futuristic design theme on it with brushed metallic accents in grey and black colors. The heatsink includes a heat pipe and makes use of 7W/MK to dissipate heat effectively.
Now coming to the expansion slots, the MSI MEG Z590 ACE motherboard features three PCIe 4.0 x16 slots, two PCIe 3.0 x1 slots, and quad M.2 slots (1x Gen4x4, 3x Gen 3x4), all of which are cooled by the M.2 Shield Frozr heatsinks. There's an additional 6-pin connector on the bottom of the board to help it support the additional power stress of the PCIe lanes when loaded up with several devices at once. But here's the thing, MSI has added extra PCB layers to the PCBs on all Z590 boards, 8 in total on the ACE.
For I/O, you get 2 Thunderbolt 4 ports, 2 USB 3.2 Gen 2 (2 Type-A) ports, 4 USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, 2 MiniDP port, 2.5G (RTL8125B) Ethernet LAN ports, Intel WiFi 6E (BT 5.2) functionality, Audio Boost HD and to top it all off, buttons for Clearing CMOS & flashing the BIOS. The Z590 ACE won't be coming in cheap as reflected by its specifications and design. It is currently listed on Newegg for $541 US.