New Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart Update 1.002 Adds New Features, Including a 120Hz Display Mode at 40FPS; Full Release Notes Included
A new Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart update for PlayStation 5 has been released and we’ve got the full release notes.
Update 1.002 for Rift Apart was released yesterday but no details about its contents were shared just yet. Various players already reported that the new patch added a new 120Hz display mode at 40FPS, and the official release notes for the new update confirm that this is indeed the case.
The 120Hz display mode in performance mode was disabled some weeks ago as this mode introduced several visual compatibility issues on some screens. Fast forward two weeks and developer Insomniac Games has now addressed this issue.
In addition to adding the new 120Hz display mode, the new 1.002 update also adds new stickers to the game alongside the ability to disable the Rivet’s and Ratchet’s Phantom Dash VFX. Users are now also able to toggle armor on or off in the photo mode and change color backgrounds. Alongside the above-mentioned changes, the patch comes with numerous fixes and improvements. You’ll find all of them in the official release notes down below:
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart Update 1.002 Release Notes PlayStation 5
- Added new stickers
- Added the ability to disable the Phantom Dash VFX
- Added the ability to disable the Phantom Dash VFX in Photo Mode
- Added the ability to toggle armor on or off while in Photo Mode
- Added color backgrounds to Photo Mode
- Added 120 Hz Display Mode, which reduces input latency when using a compatible display. In this mode, the frame rate target for the Fidelity graphics mode increases to 40 frames per second
- Added "Skip Cutscenes" as bindable option for the D-pad
- Added the option to disable the level up message and slowdown
General Fixes & Polish
- Addressed an issue where a Glitch challenge could be played twice resulting in players being unable to complete one later
- Addressed an issue where white cubes could appear in the opening cinematic
- Addressed an issue where POIs could disappear.
- Addressed an issue where characters could appear blurry in Photo Mode when the camera is very close.
- Addressed an issue where the game could freeze during the grind rail tutorial.
- Addressed an issue where killing Grunthors with Trudi would not count towards the Extinction Event Trophy
- Addressed an issue where some Grunthors would not count towards the Extinction Event Trophy
- Addressed an issue where the weapon wheel UI could become stuck on the screen
- Addressed an issue where deployable weapons would stop attack pixelized enemies.
- Addressed an issue where the RYNO would appear to not damage enemies.
- Addressed an issue where the Weapon Vendor text was illegible in Retro Mode.
- Addressed an issue where the camera could become stuck on Blizar
- Addressed an issue where multiple environmental objects would not load on Cordelion
- Addressed an issue where the player could become stuck after completing the Clank puzzle on Sargasso
- Addressed an issue where some Zurpstones would not longer appear on the map if the player leaves the planet.
- Addressed an issue where Rivet would fall forever after respawning on Blizon
- Addressed an issue where Clank lines would play incorrectly while at Zurkies
- Addressed an issue where Goons could T-pose while dying
- Addressed an issue where a section of rail would not spawn after respawning on Blizar
- Addressed an issue where the game would appear very dark if Photo Mode was activated very quickly
- Addressed an issue where some jumps would not be possible if the Glide Toggle was enabled
- Addressed an issue where the player could fall endlessly during the Nefarious fight
- Addressed an issue where changing the Graphics Mode setting while starting a Challenge Mode game would start a normal game instead
- Addressed an issue where glove weapons would appear incorrectly in Photo Mode
- Addressed an issue where certain Photo Mode filters could remove anti-aliasing in the main game
- Improved stability
- Various additional fixes and improvements
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is available globally now for PS5. Be sure to read what our very own Chris Wray had to say about this outstanding title in his review.
Products mentioned in this post
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter