PUBG Mobile Beta v0.11.0 Gets Resident Evil 2’s Zombie Mode and More
PUBG Mobile took the mobile gaming industry by storm upon its release last year. Tencent gives the free-to-play battle royale game a slew of features regularly to keep things fresh for its massive player base. The last beta of PUBG Mobile’s 0.10.0 update bought us the Vikendi snow map, Snowmobile vehicle, cross-server matchmaking and a lot of other changes. The snow map made its way to the final release, but it is still technically in beta. Today, a new version of the beta dropped that brings forth some exciting new features.
PUBG Mobile Beta version 0.11.0 pays homage to the recently released Resident Evil 2 remake by way of a new game mode. This game mode is called RE2: Sunset, which is a limited time only event featuring the Erangel map. The game mode is Resident Evil 2-esque and spawns Bosses and Zombies from the game. As expected, killing said zombies grants players resources. Gameplay on this map is similar to horde mode in games such as Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, with waves of zombies thrown at players. Each wave will be more difficult than the previous one. The update also adds moonlight to the Vikendi snow map, brings Sanhok to Arcade - Quick Match, and adds a couple of features from the PC version of the game. Here's the full changelog:
- Added RE2: Sunset, a new time-limited event mode. Fight to survive as usual on Erangel, but Zombies and Bosses from Resident Evil 2 will also spawn on the map! Kill them to get resources and items.
- Added Resident Evil 2 main menu theme and music.
- Added weather: Moonlight to Vikendi.
- Added Personal Spaces, where player information and Connections are displayed. Select a friend with Synergy 400 or above as Partner to stand by your side in your Space!
- Added push-to-talk chat in matches.
- Sanhok is now available in Arcade – Quick Match.
- Added a PC feature: damage stacking outside of safe zone. The further away players are from the safe zone, the more damage they take.
- Added feature form our PC counterpart: Air raid adjustment. In Sanhok and Vinkendi, the size of the air raid area is reduced as the safe zone reduces in size.
There is another mode that involves players spawning in the middle, with a hoard of zombies on what a much smaller, landlocked map. The objective here is to survive for a set amount of time. You can download the APK using this link.
News Source: XDA developers
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter