PUBG has stealthily received a brand new mode titled 'War'. This is basically Team Deathmatch with respawns and it's played in a small portion of the Erangel map. The catch is that at least for the time being War is only available as a custom game, meaning that only the so-called PUBG Partners are able to host matches though anyone can join afterward. No reason has been given for this choice, though it might just be for testing purposes before it's opened up to every player.
The developers also unveiled a brand new Event Mode called 'Tequila Sunrise', which is available now. You can find more details below.
Tequila Sunrise is a new Event Mode that’ll run for just 72 hours. TL;DR: It’s shotguns and melee weapons ONLY, on Miramar, for four-man squads.
Check below for the full details, including some spicy info on how we’ve customized the safe zone system for this mode.EVENT SCHEDULE
- STARTS: April 5th, 7pm PDT / April 6th, 4am CEST / April 6th, 11AM KST
- ENDS: April 8th, 7pm PDT / April 9th, 4am CEST / April 9th, 11AM KSTAVAILABLE QUEUES
- Squads (All Regions)
- You can choose to turn Auto Matching either on or off in the main menu. The default state is "On"
- NA/EU/AS: TPP & FPP
- KR/JP/SA/SEA/OC : TPP onlyLOOT SPAWN BEHAVIOR
- Shotguns (3x spawn rate)
- Melee Weapons (3x spawn rate)
- No other weapons
- Bag/Helmet/Armor Lv.3 (3x spawn rate)
- Bag/Helmet/Armor Lv.1 (0.5x spawn rate)
- Ammunition (3x spawn rate)SAFE ZONE (WHITE CIRCLE) BEHAVIOR
- Immediately after the plane gets into the air, the first safe zone is visible on the map.
- The first safe zone will be smaller than its normal size.OTHER EVENT RULES
- Time of day is locked at sunrise.
- Care packages are disabled.
In related PUBG news, a lawsuit has recently been filed against mobile clones Knives Out and Rule of Survival (both made by NetEase).