Pathologic 2’s New Overview Trailer Shows Off its Strange, Bleak World
Pathologic 2 launches next week, but what is the game about exactly? The original Pathologic was a bit of a niche title, so you’re forgiven if you’re not familiar with the series. Pathologic 2 is actually a partial remake of the original game, which means you’re once again a doctor who has 12 in-game days to unravel the mysteries of an eerie town beset with a deadly plague. It’s up to you to decide who to save and which stories to pursue. It’s a unique setup, but tinyBuild and developer Ice-Pick Lodge lay it all out pretty clearly in the new Pathologic 2 overview trailer. Check it out, below.
Here’s a rundown of what to expect from Pathologic 2:
- 12 days in an odd town ravaged by a deadly disease.
- Time is of the essence: if you don’t manage it carefully, it’ll simply run out. You’ll have to choose how to spend the priceless minutes you have.
- Survival thriller. You’ll have to manage your bodily functions, offsetting hunger, thirst, exhaustion, and so on. It doesn’t boil down to scavenging resources. Surviving on your own is hard; you’ll have to win over allies.
- An uphill battle. Managing your bodily parameters may seem bearable at first, and as time goes by, it becomes harder and harder. Your own body is only waiting for an opportunity to give up and betray you. Things are changing from bad to worse and the odds are stacked against you.
- A duel with an enemy you can’t kill. Your main foe in Pathologic 2 is the plague itself, an incorporeal and malevolent entity that you have to defeat… without having the means to. It’s more powerful and more treacherous than you can imagine.
- Loot, murder, mug, steal, barter, beg… or don’t. You need resources to survive, and it’s up to you how to obtain them.
- The fights are short, ungraceful, and vicious. They’re not always lethal though. Many people—yourself included—would prefer to exchange their wallet for their life.
Pathologic 2 hits PC on May 23. The game is also slated to infect Xbox One and PS4 as well, but those versions have yet to be dated.