Pangu 8 for Mac Released – Here’s How to Jailbreak iOS 8 – iOS 8.1
Pangu team has just released the jailbreak solution for iOS 8.0.x - iOS 8.1 for Mac. While the JB solution was made available quite a couple weeks back, it was only available for Windows users. You can now jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using the tool on Mac without having to run Windows in a VM. The Pangu8 jailbreak for Mac is compatible with all the iOS 8 / iOS 8.1 compatible devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, 1st gen iPad mini
- 5th generation iPod touch
Jailbreak iOS 8 - 8.1 with Pangu8 for Mac:
Here are the steps and precautions to jailbreak iOS 8, iOS 8.1 with Pangu for Mac. You must create a complete backup of your device via iTunes as things can potentially go wrong damaging your data.
Required file: Download the latest version of Pangu jailbreak for Mac from here: Pangu 8 1.0.0
- Connect your iOS 8 - iOS 8.1 powered device to your computer using USB cable.
- Settings > iCloud > turn off Find my iPhone
- Enable Airplane mode; and from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, Disable Passcode.
- Right click on the Pangu dmg file and click on the Open button to continue with the process.
- Once Pangu8 for Mac detects your device, click on the Start Jailbreak button.
- Proceed with Already Did to continue the process which gets confirmation if you have taken a backup and followed other instructions.
- After this, jailbreak process will start giving you progress statuses like Starting jailbreak, Transferring resources for jailbreaking, Jailbreaking, Final Cleaning, etc.
- During the process, your device will reboot quite a few times which shouldn't worry you as it's part of the JB process.
- Once finished, you will be informed with a Jailbreak Succeeded notification. You will now spot the Cydia icon on your home screen.
And that's just about it. If you were waiting for Pangu8 for Mac to be released to jailbreak your device, it is here with easy to jailbreak process. Enjoy jailbreaking with these amazing tweaks and apps already updated for iOS 8, iOS 8.1: iOS 8 / iOS 8.1 Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks and Apps – List