OnePlus 6 Android Pie Open Beta Registrations Active – How to Install Right Now
Android 9.0 Pie beta registration is now open for the OnePlus 6. Here's how you can sign up for it and install it on your device.
OnePlus six users rejoice! The Android Pie open beta for the device is finally made public. Although you could still technically install Android Pie on your OnePlus six via the developer preview, the builds were unstable and would very likely end up not working as intended. The update delivers a tweaked UI, Google’s gesture navigation system, and other various improvements across the OS. OnePlus has also included support for its colour theming capabilities, as well as a new, Do Not Disturb mode and Gaming Mode 3.0. The full changelog follows:
- Update system to Android™ 9.0 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android P
- New Android P gesture navigation
- Other new features and system improvements
- Integrated OnePlus customization features
- Supported accent color customization
- New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
- New Gaming Mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
If you're interested in trying it out, here's how you go about it.
1. Download the ROM upgrade package from here.
2. Copy ROM upgrade package to the mobile phone storage.
3. Navigate to Settings -> system updates. On the top right corner, icon selects the local upgrade option and select the package that you copied to your phone earlier. Select 'immediately upgrade, and system upgrades to 100%.
4. Select Reboot system now and you should be greeted by the Android P home screen.
Here is the list of known issues with the beta build.
- Some applications may not function as expected when running on this beta version
- Google Pay service is not working
- Google Play Store might show "Device is not Certified by Google"