OnePlus 5, 5T, 6, 6T Will Officially Get Fnatic Mode, RAM Boost, and More
The OnePlus 7 Pro was everything we expected it to be, and more. It's the lower-specced alternative—the OnePlus 7— might as well be called the "I can't believe this is not a OnePlus 6T", but that's a topic for another day. The OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro released with some 'exclusive' features. Today, OnePlus announced that some of these new features will be making their way to older devices.
The OnePlus 5, OnePlus 5T, OnePlus 6, and OnePlus 6T will all receive the company’s new Fnatic Mode, RAM Boost, Zen Mode, Screen Recorder, Quick Reply in Landscape, DC Dimming and the much-awaited Android Q update. Here's a quick rundown of what each feature does
- Fnatic Mode – A type of 'gaming mode' which enhances performance and network connectivity while playing resource-heavy games
- Zen Mode – only allows you to use the dialer and camera for 20 minutes; access to all apps is cut off
- Screen Recorder – Record the screen with internal sound included
- Quick Reply in Landscape – Reply to messages in landscape without opening the app. Useful for when you're watching a video and don't want to navigate away from the app to reply to a text.
- DC Dimming – Alternative method to adjust the screen brightness by changing the circuit power of the screen
- RAM Boost – Increase RAM utilization according to your usage
There is no word on when these features will make their way to older devices just yet. It is reasonable to assume that they'll be baked into subsequent versions of OxygenOS as the year progresses. Until then, some of the APKs are available for sideloading. Feel free to give them a try. The only feature that will remain 'exclusive' to the company's 2019 flagships is Nightscape 2.0. It shouldn't be long before someone ports that over to older devices as well, but for the time being, you're better off using a Google Camera port instead.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter