No Man’s Sky NEXT Gets Gorgeous Trailer and Info Blowout Ahead of Next Week’s Launch
No Man's Sky NEXT is coming out next week as a free update for existing PC and PlayStation 4 players, as well as launching on Microsoft's Xbox One console. Hello Games just shared a brand new trailer, showcasing a bit of the multiplayer action players will have in No Man's Sky NEXT, while a press release detailed some of the additions and new features.
New Multiplayer Mode:
- Team up with a small group of friends to explore the universe together, or joined with random travellers online
- Help friends stay alive, or prey on others to survive
- Build shelter or complex colonies together to share with your team
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online
Extensive Visual Overhaul:
- Play in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship
- Gaze on planetary rings and improved space visuals that make space more beautiful than ever
- Explore dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds that bring the environment to life
- Enjoy significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings
Unlimited Base Building:
- Build bases anywhere on any planet, with hundreds of new base parts added to the game
- Create bigger and better bases than ever before, with dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits
- Architect and own multiple bases
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter
- Send your fleet out to into the universe or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system
- Build a truly custom capital ship with improved freighter base building
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge
Hello Games boss Sean Murray also decided to share some words with the community via Twitter, revealing that this won't be the last update coming to the game.
Today is a big deal for us...
Seven years ago I started writing the code for the game that became No Man's Sky. The average team size was 6, we were just 15 when it launched.
We always wanted No Man's Sky to grow and develop after it released. It's been a crazy two years, but I'm so happy we've been able to do that.
We decided instead to focus on development rather than words. Foundation, Pathfinder, Atlas Rises and now NEXT. This team you guys. This team.
One day maybe we'll reach a point where we feel No Man's Sky is "done", but until then there's still so much more we want to do.
Working on Next feels important to us, but I know it's not the end of the journey. We appreciate everyone on that journey with us <3
No Man's Sky NEXT is out on July 24th.