New Mad Catz Peripherals Announced, Including R.A.T. Gaming Mice and E.S. Pro+ Gaming Earbuds
Mad Catz came back to life in early 2018 and today, the company announced a whole range of products starting with many different variants of the iconic R.A.T. gaming mice.
Selena Chang, Director of Sales and Operations for Mad Catz Global Limited, said in a statement shared with the press release:
Since previewing our new range of R.A.T. mice at CES 2018, gamers have responded with passion and enthusiasm for the return of the iconic range. We’ve been working hard to ensure that the products do justice to the incredible legacy of the R.A.T. name and are delighted to officially unveil the full range hitting stores later this year. The R.A.T. range has always been a beacon of innovation and we’re now confident we have a R.A.T. for every budget and gaming need, each one offering superb value and quality.
Below you can get more information on the various R.A.T. mouse devices designed by Mad Catz.
- R.A.T.1+An ideal introduction to the range, the R.A.T.1+ is built around a super-lightweight chassis that allows for swift and precise movement. Features the legendary adjustable palm rest and four programmable buttons, all running on Mad Catz F.L.U.X. software
- R.A.T.2+ Bringing adjustable RGB ambient lighting to the R.A.T. range for the first time, the R.A.T.2+ features an adjustable palm rest, four programmable buttons and the popular Pixart PMW 3325 optical sensor, capable of withstanding high movement speeds of up to 100 inches per second and 20G of acceleration.
- R.A.T.4+ Featuring industry-leading OMRON switches (rated to a lifecycle of 20 million clicks), the R.A.T.4+ has been designed to deliver flawless precision at all times. Powerful LED’s provide multi-zone backlighting while the Pixart PMW 3330 optical sensor delivers trusted performance.
- R.A.T.6+ Ramping up the customization options, the R.A.T.6+ not only features nine programmable buttons and an adjustable palm rest but adds a removable weight system to the mouse allowing gamers to find their ideal weight for their weapon. Chameleon RGB Intelligent lighting, illuminates the mouse across three separate lighting zones, bathing the R.A.T. with over 16 million lighting combinations, while luxury OMRON switches have been tested to up to 50 million clicks for superior performance.
- R.A.T.8+ Designed for the professional gamer, the state-of-the-art Pixart PMW 3389 optical sensor delivers unrivalled precision across any gaming genre. Fully customisable, the R.A.T.8+ features an adjustable palm rest and thumb rest, as well as removable pinkie grip and if you don’t like the feel of your components, the mouse even ships with replacements for the perfect fit. 18G of removable weights allow the gamer to perfect the feel of their R.A.T. while the three-stage Chameleon RGB lighting keeps the R.A.T. looking as good as it performs. Onboard memory allows gamers to save up to three profiles, containing a macro button, sensor and lighting settings when traveling to tournaments.
- R.A.T. Pro S3 Lightweight, ergonomic and unmistakably R.A.T., the PRO S3 concentrates on delivering the essentials that many professional gamers demand. Powerful Pixart PMW 3330 sensor delivers proven gaming performance, while ultra-reliable OMRON switches have been tested to an impressive 50 million clicks. The palm rest is fully adjustable, tilting plus or minus 15 degrees side-to-side, and extending up to 12mm from the mainframe. Chameleon RGB lighting once again features.
- R.A.T. Pro X3 Precision incarnate, the Pro X3 is the worlds’ most adjustable mouse. Built upon a magnesium alloy chassis that’s light and super strong, the R.A.T. Pro X3 utilizes a super-hydrophobic coating to keep hands dry in the heat of battle. The revolutionary scroll wheel system, uses optical technology and analog axis capability, to precisely calibrate tension and speed. The scroll wheel system features the world’s first analog strafe, utilizing the optical encoder which allows the wheel to pivot from side-to-side giving players unheard of movement and precision using the scroll wheel alone. Every aspect of the Pro X3 is customizable. Adjust palm rest, thumb rest and pinkie grip or replace the feet of the mouse to adjust the surface tension! Components of the mouse can be replaced entirely via a whole suite of extras which ship in the box. Remarkably, with a simple click, gamers can replace the actual sensor unit of the mouse, and swap for a variety of sensor modules (sold separately) in an instant. No longer do gamers need to replace their mouse when new sensor technology becomes available, the Pro X3 provides a future-proof platform designed to last a lifetime.
This new line of R.A.T. mice will begin shipping globally in Fall 2018. Mad Catz also revealed a gaming headset in small form factor, the E.S. Pro+ Gaming Earbuds, featuring a plug-and-play design and enlarged 13.5 mm speaker drivers with dual microphones to make sure your online chat will be crystal clear. The E.S. Pro+ Gaming Earbuds are also expected to be available this Fall; no pricing was announced for it, as with the R.A.T. mice range.