Only two days after Apple released iOS 8.1.1 patching iOS 8 - iOS 8.1 jailbreak exploits, a new iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak video has been released. Apple patched up numerous vulnerabilities used by team Pangu in the latest iOS 8.1 jailbreak tool.
iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak possible!
While earlier we recommended you to not update to iOS 8.1.1 before we know clearly about the jailbreaking conditions, we now have some hope. Popular hacker iH8sn0w has released a new video showing a demo of an iPad running on jailbroken iOS 8.1.1. While this may sound like a good news, it may not be for a large number of iOS users.
So far iH8sn0w has only been able to jailbreak devices with the now-legacy 30-pin connector. This connector was replaced by the new Lightening connector which means the iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak solution touted by iH8sn0w will only work for iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPhone 4s. The latest devices like iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, 2014 iPhone 6 duo, iPad 4, iPad mini, mini 2 and 3, iPad Air and Air 2, and iPod touch 5G still remain impossible to jailbreak.
Been working on this since last Friday with @XanderKitteh (really awesome dude). This uses some new research between the two of us (not bootrom related[aw ik], but not HFS either). Still only limited to working with 30pin devices due to no serial over lightning.
More Black Friday 2014 deals on gadgets:
- Save Big on Different Models of iPad, iPad Air, and iPad mini – Black Friday
- Black Friday Deals on iMac 5k, iMac, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air Models
- Best Buy Black Friday 2014 Deals on iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3, and HDTVs
- Best Walmart Black Friday 2014 Deals on Gaming Consoles, Displays, Tablets, and Smartphones!
- Apple iPhone 6 Black Friday Deals and Discounts
- Best Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Other Smartphones
- Source: iPhoneHacks