Install XXUFNC6 Android 4.4.2 Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 – How to
Regional update for Samsung Galaxy S4 titled XXUFNC6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat has been released. Since it's a regional update and not everyone would get it, here is how you can install XXUFNC6 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4 i9505 LTE.
XXUFNC6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat details:
- Model: GT-I9505
- Model name: GALAXY S4 LTE
- Country: New Zealand
- Version: Android 4.4.2
- Changelist: 481100
- Build date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 02:32:27 +0000
- Product Code: TNZ
- PDA: I9505XXUFNC6
- CSC: I9505TNZFNC1
- MODEM: I9505XXUFNC6
Note: This is an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505. After using this guide to install XXUFNC6 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4 i9505, you will lose the root on your device. To get the root back, check this guide to root Galaxy S4 LTE i9505 on XXUFNC6.
Prerequisites to install XXUFNC6 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4 i9505:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 carries more than 80% of charge.
- Popular Android 4.4 KitKat based custom ROMs.
Install XXUFNC6 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4 i9505:
Files required: download the Android 4.4.2 XXUFNC6 KitKat firmware from this link. Also download the Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here. Unzip Odin; and unzip the leaked firmware file inside the same folder as Odin.
- Install Odin on your PC and launch it.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your SGS4 via a USB cable; when connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- From that window, locate the leaked XXUFNC6 files to AP, BL, CP, and CS - except AP, ignore others if you don't get any such file.
- Once selected, click on Start button to initiate the flashing process.
- When update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 will then restart and you can then disconnect your device from computer.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter