Install XXU2BOFJ Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge G925F – Official
Following Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, finally the Galaxy S6 Edge G925F also receives the belated update. XXU2BOFJ Android 5.1.1 is a major Lollipop update as it promises to fix some critical bugs (not RAM issue, sadly) and also brings in some new features (not RAW imaging).
You will feel considerable improvements in performance as it gets faster, smoother and also much more stable. XXU2BOFJ Android 5.1.1 also brings in some security upgrades to the favorite smartphone of the year. Here is how to manually update Galaxy S6 Edge G925F to XXU2BOFJ Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
XXU2BOFJ Android 5.1.1 Lollipop details:
Model name GALAXY S6 Edge
Country United Kingdom / Ireland
Version Android 5.1.1
Build date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 22:28:37 +0000
Product code XEU
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S6 G925F to XXU2BOFJ Android 5.1.1:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S6 G925F to XXU2BOFJ Android 5.1.1:
Here are the steps to update Galaxy S6 G925F to XXU2BOFJ Android 5.1.1 Lollipop official firmware:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. OR, check how to enter Galaxy S6 Download Mode.
- Connect your smartphone with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, select files:
- Click on AP / PDA and select file with AP or Code in its name.
- Click on CP/Phone and select file with MODEM in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on BL and select file with BL in it’s name - ignore if there is no such file.
- Make sure to check Auto Reboot and F.Rest Time. Check Re-Partition only if you selected the .pit file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Lollipop update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F and reboot it.
Enjoy the latest improvements on your Edge.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter