Install Official CM 10.2 Nightly for Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 JB
You can now update your Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to official CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Follow this comprehensive tutorial and flash official CM 10.2 nightly build based on AOSP Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for on Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Prerequisites to check before you install official CM 10.2 Nightly for Galaxy Note 2:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Verizon Galaxy Note 2 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this guide is specifically tailored to Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2; do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to install official CM 10.2 Nightly custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
Required files: download the CM 10.2 official custom firmware zip for Galaxy Note 2 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect Galaxy Note 2 to your computer using a data cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and turn off your Note.
- Boot Note 2 into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS; important step to revert back to current state. Go to Backup > backup and restore.
- Perform wipe data operations: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Next, from recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM 10.2 Android 4.3 Nightly official firmware zip and confirm the flashing process.
- When done, follow the above step for GApps package installation.
- Once done with both the installations, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Verizon Note 2 into the new ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so kindly be patient.
Ta da! You have successfully flashed the official CM 10.2 Nightly custom firmware based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter