How to Flash Official CM 10.2 Nightly for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2
If you own a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 and are a fan of CyanogenMod, the CM 10.2 Nightly build has now been released for T-Mobile variant. Based on AOSP Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, this ROM can be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S2 following this very easy tutorial.
Prerequisites to flash official CM 10.2 Nightly for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- Your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your Galaxy smartphone.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Galaxy S2 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to flash official CM 10.2 Nightly for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2:
Required files: download the official CM 10.2 custom firmware file from here. Download the Google Apps Package for your smartphone too. Save both the files on your computer but do not extract the contents.
- Connect your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 with PC using a data cable and copy the custom ROM and GApps files on the phone’s memory card.
- Disconnect your Galaxy S2 from computer when the copy is done and turn it off.
- Reboot your smartphone into recovery mode and take Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and then wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded CM 10.2 firmware file and confirm installation.
- Once the CyanogenMod custom ROM is successfully installed on Samsung Galaxy S2, repeat the above step but select GApps file instead.
- When done, reboot your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 to boot into the newly installed official CM 10.2 Nightly custom firmware.