First stable SlimBean custom firmware based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has been released for the Samsung Galaxy S4. Not a nightly or any experimental build, this ROM will act wisely, run stably and give your Galaxy S4 some performance boasts. Follow this guide to update Samsung Galaxy S4 to SlimBean Android 4.3 Jelly Bean stable firmware developed by SlimROMs team.
Prerequisites to update Samsung Galaxy S4 to SlimBean Android 4.3 stable custom firmware:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu on your SGS4.
- Your Galaxy S4 should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your Galaxy S4.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Make sure that your device carries more than 70% of charge.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 to SlimBean Android 4.3 JB:
- Connect your Galaxy S4 i9505 with PC using a USB cable and copy the custom ROM and GApps files on the smartphone's memory card.
- Disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S4 from computer when copy is done and power it off.
- Reboot in recovery mode and perform Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and at the end wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded SlimBean firmware file for your tablet and confirm installation.
- Once the custom ROM is successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505; repeat the above step but select GApps file this time.
- When finished, reboot your Galaxy smartphone into the newly installed firmware. It will take the new firmware a few moments to load all the stuff up so be patient.
That's it! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using the latest build of SlimBean custom ROM!