How to Install iOS 10 GM Build on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Right Now
Here’s how you can install iOS 10 GM - Golden Master - build on compatible iPhone, iPad, iPod touch devices right now.
Before you even go ahead and install iOS 10 GM onto your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, make sure your device is compatible with the OS in the first place. Secondly, make sure you backup everything to iCloud or iTunes so that your data is absolutely secure. Furthermore, make sure you have iTunes installed on your computer. Simply head over to apple.com in older to download it if you haven't already.
Last but not the least, make sure you have an active Apple Developer Program membership at hand in order to download the iOS 10 GM Seed for your compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device.
All set? Let’s begin!
Install iOS 10 GM On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
1. Head over to the Apple Developer Program website and sign in using your credentials.
2. Now click on the ‘Discover’ button at the top.
3. Now click on ‘iOS.’
4. You’ll notice a blue ‘Download’ button at the top right hand corner. Click on it and you’ll be taken straight to the download page, obviously.
5. Under the iOS 10 GM Seed you’ll see ‘iOS Restore Images.’ Click on the ‘See All’ button right next to it.
6. Download the iOS 10 GM firmware file tailored for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. And depending on the speed of your Internet connection, it can take quite a while to download therefore exercise patience while you’re at it.
7. Once the download is complete, plug your iOS device to your computer using the supplied USB cable and then launch iTunes.
8. Select your iOS device from the top left hand corner of iTunes.
9. Hold down the left ‘Option’ key (Mac) or the left ‘Shift’ key (Windows) on your keyboard, then click on the ‘Restore iPhone’ button in the center. A new window will pop right up.
10. Select the iOS 10 GM firmware file and let iTunes restore your device to the new firmware.
The restoration process can take quite a while depending on a lot of factors at hand. Therefore we recommend not touching your computer while the process is in momentum.
Once you’re done, you’ll be presented with iOS 10’s white ‘Hello’ screen, asking you to set up your device. Simply restore the iCloud or iTunes backup you made and you’re absolutely golden from here on in.
The entire process was easy, wasn’t it?
Alternatively, you can update to iOS 10 GM build without having to download the entire IPSW for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Simply follow the above steps right from your iOS device, and instead of clicking on 'See All' to reveal the restore images, simply tap on the blue 'Download' button which will install the iOS 10 profile. Once that is installed, navigate to Settings > General > Software Update to grab the iOS 10 GM over the air.
iOS 10 GM will likely see itself being delivered to regular users in a few days' time until or unless a bug surfaces, forcing Apple to push out a new update. But we're certain that won't happen, given the scale of the beta testing Apple went through this time around with iOS 10.
Important Link To Check Out
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter