Install CM 10.1 on HTC One – Alpha Build Based on AOSP JB
CyanogenMod 10.1 is one of the popular custom ROMs built on Jelly Bean. CM 10.1 alpha build based on Android 4.2.2 is now available for HTC One which means you can install this custom ROM on your HTC device. This CM 10.1 is based on AOSP Android Jelly Bean making you capable to enjoy some pure OS features out there.
Prerequisites to install CM 10.1 on HTC One:
- Create a backup of all important data in your HTC device.
- Download and install USB drivers for HTC One in your computer.
- Your HTC One has to be on an unlocked bootloader and should be rooted.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your HTC One carries more than 70% of charge to avoid any chances of bricking.
- Disable any antivirus programs on your computer.
How to install CM 10.1 on HTC One – Alpha Build:
Required files: download CyanogenMod 10.1 for your HTC One on computer from here – do not extract. Download the Google Apps Package for your device from this link. Download Fastboot from here on your computer. Unzip the contents and name the folder as “Fastboot”.
- Switch off your HTC One and boot it into custom recovery mode.
- Perform a full Nandroid backup of your current firmware. Reboot the phone in normal mode afterwards.
- Connect your HTC with your computer and move the above downloaded files on your phone’s SD Card.
- Disconnect HTC One from PC and power it off.
- On your PC, unzip the CM 10.1 downloaded file and copy the boot.img file into the newly created Fastboot folder.
- Next, you have to boot your device into Fastboot mode: press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- When your device shows you Fastboot loaded then connect the device with computer using a USB cable.
- Now on your PC, open Fastboot folder and double-click on the flash-boot-window.bat file which will install the boot.img.
- Disconnect your HTC when the boot image has been successfully installed.
- Now from your phone’s Fastboot menu, select HBOOT option followed by RECOVERY option. The device will now boot into custom Recovery mode.
- Perform wipe data operations from wipe data/ factory reset option and confirm the process.
- Next, select install zip from sdcard locate the CM 10.1 Alpha build zip file and confirm the installation process.
- After the ROM is installed successfully, repeat the above step to install GApps.
- Once installed, return to the main Recovery screen and select reboot system now and wait for your HTC One to boot into the CM10.1.
Finally you are done with installing CyanogenMod 10.1 for HTC One!